Muir Woods Redwood Forest and Sausalito with Park Admission
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 11 & Under
- Adult • With Ferry
- Child • With Ferry
Join this tour and experience Muir Woods National Monument!
This tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito from San Francisco starts with beautiful views of the Golden Gate Bridge on your way to the redwoods. Walk among the world’s tallest trees. Enjoy free time for dining and shopping in the seaside town of Sausalito. Return to San Francisco by ferry. Tour Length – 5 hours approximately
Highlights of Muir Woods and Sausalito Tour:
- Stand and admire coast redwood trees, the tallest living things on the planet
- Follow Muir Woods trails to Cathedral or the Bohemian grove of redwoods
- Pick up some unique redwood souvenirs at the visitor center
- From the Sausalito shoreline and take awesome pictures of San Francisco’s skyline
- Enjoy browsing in Sausalito’s art studios and craft shops
- Have lunch with an San Francisco Bay view in Sausalito (not included)
This guided tour has a relaxed pace so you can take the time to fully experience Muir Woods National Monument, the giant redwood forest nearest to San Francisco. The tour features a morning crossing of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge on your way to the Muir Wood National Monument and a bonus stop at mid-day in the charming seaside town of Sausalito.
After arriving at serene Muir Woods, you will enjoy up to 90 minutes of free time exploring this natural treasure set aside by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1908 as a national monument. There are a good number of park rangers on the Muir Woods trails, they are always happy to answer your questions.
There are many trails to choose from, all with towering California Redwoods, some over 250 feet tall. Our favorite trail meanders along the shadowy Redwood Creek where the tallest trees are located. Be on the lookout for the northern spotted owl, deer, and other native creatures to the area.
Although the stars of the show are the redwoods, Muir Woods is host to 13 species of ferns, a plant that has been on earth for more than 300 million years. Take the time to identify lady, maidenhair and goldback ferns as you lower your gaze from the redwood canopy above you.
Then, your guide will gather the group and head to Sausalito, a seaside community full of charm and unforgettable views of San Francisco. You’ll have time to browse the charming shops and perhaps have some lunch. Take pictures against the city skyline across the bay, then post them to your social media timeline so your friends can share the experience with you.
After our excursion in Sausalito, we will make our return trip back to San Francisco but not before a satisfying southbound jaunt across the Golden Gate Bridge as the sun nears the Pacific Ocean horizon.
If you select the option to return by ferry, we will have the ticket waiting for you. The Blue and Gold ferry will cruise past Angel Island and Alcatraz as you marvel at the Golden Gate Bridge and snap shareable panoramic memories of the San Francisco skyline.
8:15 AM to 8:45 AM
- Incredible bay views crossing over the Golden Gate Bridge
- Journey through picturesque Marin County to Muir Woods
9:00 AM to 10:45 AM
- Hike the Muir Woods Redwood Creek trail while listening to narration in your native language
- Photograph giant Coast Redwoods in Cathedral and Bohemian Groves
11:15 AM to 12:30 PM
- Arrive in the charming seaside town of Sausalito
- Take time to explore, shop and have lunch
- Optional Return: Take the Blue and Gold ferry to San Francisco
12:30 PM to 1:00 PM
Times listed are approximations. Traffic and unforeseen events can cause delays.